Wednesday, March 3, 2010

how to fix HP Laptop Blank Screen

Suddenly my HP dv6000 series laptop got a black/blank/dark LCD screen.

I did few attempts to fix it, but could not succeed.
Check fn->Video out, pressed switch off continuosly, disconnected power , closed/hibernated/fn->snooze and reopened. Nothing work. No. Nada.

This is caused by the state, in which the computer goes into a mode, and when you switch off/wake up it starts and goes ot the same state/mode. This dv6000 has 'snooze on battery drain' enabled, so disconnecting power won't help too. So solution is to reset without letting it smoothly turn itself off.

What I did to fix : after disconnecting from power, I JUST pulled the Battery off from the backside crashing the system. Then put the battery back and switched on.

When I started it again it asked "where am I? what state I was?" (actually it asked if to start in 'normal mode' or BIOS set etc. )

Hope it works for you.

No comments: